Welcome!

To receive new posts automatically, please type your email address in the window under "Follow by Email." Then click on"Submit." Thank you for subscribing!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maybe Saul


Maybe Saul
5 x 7
oil
I have decided to focus on portraits for a while and prepared a new palette to try out: cadmium green light and alizarin crimson.  I hoped I could use this on a red-head's portrait, but was tearing my hair out over the too cool results! Suddenly, a man appeared at my studio who stopped by to admire the "poetry in my paintings." A sucker for the complement, I chatted with Saul for quite a while. Later, with the memory of my new friend's image fresh in my mind, I started a tiny portrait to test my visual memory as well as my new frustrating palette. Here is the result after only 20-30 minutes. If you see this, Saul, it's yours for the taking. Meanwhile, I add this quick study to my blog, just for the record of having done it.  I'm all ears for your reaction to the red-green portrait - good, bad or otherwise.

To find where to write a comment, tap near the bottom of the page and the entire blog contents might appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my posts. Please feel free to share your thoughts!