Welcome!

To receive new posts automatically, please type your email address in the window under "Follow by Email." Then click on"Submit." Thank you for subscribing!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Birds of a Feather 2


Northern Harrier

colored pencil  8x8  $225


Known to migrate south in winter, I find plenty to eat right here along Rhode Island Sound. This is me last winter hunting at a ground popular with rivals for food and human onlookers - those creatures whose singular eyes are little black boxes, some very, very long and so heavy they have to prop them up on a stick.  Whenever they see me and my scrappy dinner mates, those humans start jumping up and down chattering to one another. They run back and forth in little groups like tiny sanderlings along the beach waves.
 I'm spotting a Snowy Owl over there -- let's see if I can sample her dinner.

Find this painting of me at

Birds of a Feather 
October 18 - November 1

Katherine Lovell Gallery & Studio
3895 Main Road
Tiverton Four Corners, Rhode Island 02878
Hours: Thursday - Sunday  12-5

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Libby - haven't seen one yet. Where would I notice one in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere along the lowlands around the Sakonnet - ie right down your road? Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my posts. Please feel free to share your thoughts!