Welcome!

To receive new posts automatically, please type your email address in the window under "Follow by Email." Then click on"Submit." Thank you for subscribing!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cape Cod Saltmarsh SOLD


Saltmarsh 
oil, 12 x 16"

Sold at a new little gallery and gift shop in Barnstable called Mosees. This makes my weekend!
If only I could go back there and recreate the day and scene from the summer of 2010. It was July and  hot, and that water was irresistable. The marsh is in Brewster, where a tidal creek flows in and out of 
Cape Cod Bay. I was tempted to paint in the little sloop that we caught waking up just in time to skedaddle before the tide ran out, but they escaped being left high and dry! I stuck around long enough to capture the remaining higher water level. Such a happy memory of a wonderful place on a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my posts. Please feel free to share your thoughts!