Welcome!

To receive new posts automatically, please type your email address in the window under "Follow by Email." Then click on"Submit." Thank you for subscribing!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Boathouse



BOATHOUSE
oil
6" x 6"
SOLD

A search for reference photos turned up this little gem I caught while sailing out on Narragansett Bay.  Boathouses used to be common in the early twentieth century or before. They are now few and far between, but we have a couple left around here to feed the imagination about days of lavish lifestyles and abject decadence. What does it make you think about?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Libby, you did a nice job on the boathouse, the colors are so pleasing. It makes me think about how much I love New England and all the time I spent there growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your complement, Fay Terry! Maybe you'll get a chance to visit this coastal region once again. If so, do look me up and let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my posts. Please feel free to share your thoughts!